Maple Roasted Delicata Squash & Brussels Salad with Currants & Almonds
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 medium to large delicata squash cut into 1/2 inch discs
- 1 pound of Brussel sprouts trimmed and chopped lengthwise in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp paprika or cayenne
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of dried currants and sliced almonds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop veggies: delicata squash should be chopped into 1/2 inch discs, seeds removed from the middle of the disc, and then chopped in half. Brussels stems should be removed, and chopped in half lengthwise.
- Line a baking sheet.
- Place veggies on the baking sheet, and add olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, paprika, and maple syrup on top.
- Use clean hands to toss veggies until evenly coated with spices and seasonings.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes. If your oven is strong, check on it after 35 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn!
- When done cooking, remove from oven and add a handful of dried currants. Toss well.
- Remove and place in a serving dish. Garnish with slithered almonds.
- Serve room temperature or warm! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!