Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 yellow onions sliced thinly lengthwise
- 5 cloves garlic whole in the peel
- 3-4 cups full-fat Greek yogurt I use Siggi’s brand
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop onions lengthwise into thin slices.
- Separate 5 cloves of garlic in their peels.
- Combine onions and garlic with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a cast-iron skillet or a lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 50 minutes, removing every 10 minutes and mixing a bit.
- Once completely browned and caramelized, remove from oven.
- Chop caramelized onions into small pieces.
- Remove garlic from its peels.
- Combine garlic, caramelized onions, lemon juice, and yogurt and mix well.
- Taste and add additional salt and/or adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, a bit of smoked paprika, and freshly chopped parsley for garnish.
- Serve with potato chips or sweet potato chips! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!