Shaved Brussels & Persimmon Salad
By Shivangi Rao
- 12 oz bag of shaved Brussel sprouts or you can do this yourself to whole Brussels
- 2 persimmons sliced
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds optional; you may also use any nuts you have on hand
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta optional; you may wish to omit if you want to keep this dairy-free
- A handful of dried cranberries optional; any tart/sweet dry fruit would work well
- Empty bag of shaved Brussels (make sure they’re washed and dried) into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave covered for 3-4 minutes so that they’re slightly softened. Remove from microwave and toss with a spoon. Set aside uncovered on counter.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour this dressing on Brussels and massage well with hands. Set aside for at least 15 minutes so flavors soak into Brussels.
- Wash and slice persimmons into thin slices.
- Lay them on top of the Brussels.
- Garnish with feta, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds, and extra olive oil if necessary. Serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!