Smashed Za’atar Skillet Potatoes
- 5-6 Yukon gold potatoes or potatoes of your choice
- 2 tbsp zaatar seasoning
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp coarse salt sea salt or pink salt works well
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- A handful of chopped parsley for garnish
- Sprinkle of crumbled feta for garnish
- Sprinkle of sumac for garnish
- Pre-heat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Heat water in a tall pot; add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium.
- Place washed potatoes (skin on) in the pot and make sure they are fully submerged.
- Boil for approximately 10 minutes until tender.
- Strain potatoes.
- Place them in a cast-iron skillet and smash with a big spoon or fork into large chunks.
- Add ghee, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and zaatar seasoning.
- Place skillet in oven and roast for 20-30 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and garnish with sumac, feta, and parsley (and/or fresh mint if you have any). Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!