I love and crave fresh, seasonal salads in the springtime. Asparagus are one vegetable that are beautiful, nutritious and abundant in the spring. This salad is colorful and so festive for a perfect entree salad or side salad. The asparagus is complimented by watermelon radish with a deep pink color, tai-colored cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, fresh greens, crumbled feta and more. For added protein, soft boiled eggs are the perfect compliment. I love eating this with my lemon tahini dressing for the most delicious and creamy dressing. I hope you give this a try!
Spring Asparagus Salad
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1/2 pound trimmed asparagus (tough bottoms trimmed)
- 4 radishes sliced I love using watermelon radishes
- 1 persian cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3 cups mixed greens chopped
- 3 soft boiled eggs cut in halves optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta optional
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dressing of choice I love eating this with my lemon tahini dressing
- lemon wedges for garnish optional
Instructions for Salad:
- First, blanch the asparagus by bringing a pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus in, and remove it in exactly 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water (this is important to preserve the color). Once completely cold, dry on a clean towel. Chop into 2 inch pieces.
- Boil eggs in a separate pot with boiling water for 6-7 minutes (or more if you like hard boiled eggs). Cool, peel, cut into halves and set aside.
- Assemble all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle dressing on top and mix well. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately!