Nothing screams summer more than watermelon! I’m a sucker for savory mixed with sweet, and this salad is perfect for doing just that. Cold, juicy and sweet chunks of seasonal watermelon are tossed with creamy, salty sheep’s milk feta and tossed with freshly chopped mint, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. It’s so simple yet so flavorful and refreshing. I served this at a Memorial Day weekend picnic and it was a hit! I like leaving it at this, but feel free to add chopped cucumbers or grilled corn for a fun twist and added veggies! Or, if you’re Indian and like fruit with chaat masala, feel free to use chaat masala in this. It’ll taste awesome. If you make this, please leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it! Enjoy!
Watermelon Mint Feta Salad
- 3 pounds chilled, seedless watermelon cut into one inch chunks or about 1 small watermelon
- 10 ounce block of sheep's milk feta cut into one inch chunks I love Trader Joe's authentic greek sheep's milk feta. It's important to use high quality sheep milk's feta which is creamier than cow milk's feta. It is game changing for this salad!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- a sprinkle of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place chilled watermelon chunks in a large mixing bowl and add olive oil, lemon juice, chopped mint, and a small sprinkle of salt and pepper. Toss gently until combined.
- Add chunks of feta, and gently toss.
- Place on platter and serve immediately! You may store in fridge for up to 2-3 days, but best to eat immediately.