🌭 CHAAT DOG 🌭 featuring @canyonglutenfree sub rolls, Indian flavored dogs 🔥, and my favorite dog of all Anya Nala Rao (see photo below)!
I absolutely love @canyonglutenfree gluten free sub rolls. I love toasting them up on the grill with some butter, and layering on a gluten free hot dog marinated in spices with my very own chaat sauce (recipe on the blog), and all of the classic chaat fixings! 🔥 For those of you who don’t know, chaat is a term for Indian street food dishes which involves a flavorful meat or veggie base with LOTS of spices and chutneys! Enter the CHAAT DOG which is the perfect combo of East meets West for your summer BBQs! I can’t wait for you to try this recipe on these delicious toasty buttery gluten free rolls (Anya loves it too)! If you do, leave me a comment below. Happy summer!
- 1 10 ounce package of hot dogs of choice or about 6 hot dogs I use Applegate organic, gluten free uncured chicken hot dogs. My husband, who is vegetarian, enjoys veggie dogs like beyond meat or morningstar.
- 1 15 ounce package of hot dog buns I use Canyon Gluten Free sub rolls
For Chaat Sauce
- 1.5 cups yogurt Use full fat yogurt. If dairy free, use almond milk yogurt.
- 1/8 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala You can find this at any Indian store, on Amazon or through Pure Indian Foods.
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1-1 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 thai chilies or 1 jalapeno
For Garnish (divide across hot dogs)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions red or yellow are fine (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 cup tamarind date chutney or find at any Indian store or grocery store
- 1/2 cup cilantro mint chutney or find at any Indian store or grocery store
- 1/2 cup chaat sauce
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 3/4 – 1 tsp red chili powder
- First, prepare chaat sauce by combining all ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth and creamy.
- Remove hot dogs from package into a shallow dish and poke holes with a fork all over hot dogs.
- Pour half of chaat sauce all over hot dogs in shallow dish, and marinate in fridge for at least 4 hours. Reserve other half of chaat sauce for topping hot dogs.
- Once hot dogs are finished marinating, heat a non-stick pan or a grill pan and cook hot dogs as package indicates (e.g., each hot dog should cook in just a few minutes on each side until browned). Set hot dogs aside on a dish when finished.
- Butter hot dog buns and toast or grill on a pan.
- Assemble hot dogs by placing hot dog in bun, and garnishing with suggested garnishes of your choosing (e.g., chutneys, chopped onions, tomatoes and cilantro, chaat sauce, chaat masala and red chili powder).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!