Paleo Tamarind Date Chutney (Sweet Indian Chutney)
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 tbsp tamarind concentrate buy a brand with no added sugars like this
- 5-6 pitted whole dates or 6-7 tbsp Just Date Syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt adjust to your liking
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tap fennel powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of red chili powder or cayenne
- Place tamarind pitted dates (or just date syrup) and water on a pot on medium heat. Bring to a slight boil.
- Once boiling, add in salt, fennel powder, cumin powder. Reduce heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Once dates have softened and everything is well combined, take the pot off of heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, pour the contents of the pot into a blender or use an immersion blender to completely blend.
- Taste, and add extra dates, salt, and/or spices if necessary.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to a week in the fridge.
- Serve with paleo samosas, paleo papdi chaat, or use as a dip, dressing, or marinade for anything you like!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!