Instant Pot Creamy Golden Zucchini Soup
By Shivangi Rao
- Instant Pot
- 6 medium zucchinis
- 1 medium or large yellow onion
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder or paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups veggie or meat broth
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp ghee or cooking oil of choice
- 1 5.4 fl oz can of coconut cream or more to taste
- Wash and chop zucchinis (skin on) and onion into big chunks
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Add in ghee, onions, and all spices.
- Saute onions until they cook down. Then, add in chopped zucchini. Saute for 4-5 minutes until slightly cooked and well-integrated with spices.
- Add in broth, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Give it all a big stir.
- Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on High for 10 minutes. Close the lid, and make sure the pressure valve is set to sealing.
- Once done pressure cooking, quick-release pressure by moving the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid once all pressure is released. Add in coconut cream and use an immersion blender to blend until creamy. You may also add contents to a blender if you do not have an immersion blender.
- Taste and adjust spices/salt to your liking.
- Ladle into bowls, and top with extra coconut cream or a dollop of yogurt/sour cream, and/or garnish with mint or cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!