Paleo Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding)
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 15 oz can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill coconut sugar or unrefined/low glycemic sugar of choice
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 package of frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Handful of coarsely chopped raw nuts cashews, almonds, pistachios, golden raisins sautéed in ghee until plump, saffron strands (2-3 per serving), and dried rose petals (optional) for garnish
- Add coconut milk and coconut sugar to a pot on medium-high heat.
- Let it come to a boil and once it does, turn it down to low-medium heat and let it continue to reduce on the heat.
- Meanwhile, add ghee to a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice to the pan and sauté until the smell of cauliflower goes away and it is mostly cooked (all excess water from the frozen cauliflower rice should be evaporated).
- Add cooked cauliflower rice, nutmeg, and cardamom to the pot of sweetened coconut milk.
- Let everything cook for a few more minutes until flavors are combined.
- Taste and adjust as needed. Let kheer cool to room temperature.
- Ladle kheer into ramekins or dessert bowls. To each bowl of kheer with an equal amount of nuts, Golden raisins, saffron strands, and dried edible rose petals if you have them.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!