Flourless Chocolate Cake
Based on the King Arthur Flour recipe: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/flourless-chocolate-cake-recipe
Instructions for Cake
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips I use Hu Kitchen gems which are dairy-free and refined sugar-free
- 8 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp high-quality pure espresso powder optional but highly recommended
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup pure cocoa powder
Instructions for the Glaze
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips I use Hu kitchen gems
- 1/2 cup nut pods creamer plain or heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 8” or 9” springform pan; grease the pan with butter.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30-60 seconds or until the butter is melted and the chips are soft. Chocolate chips should not be fully melted but more soft. Do not burn the chocolate!
- Stir the butter and chocolate chips until the chips melt fully and it’s combined.
- Transfer the melted chocolate/butter to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, espresso powder, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs in. Beat them into the batter until smooth and just combined; do not over mix.
- Next add the cocoa powder, and mix just to combine.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and use a spatula to smooth the top if needed.
- Bake the cake for 25 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, and cool it in the pan for 5 minutes or longer.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before glazing. Once cooled, remove from springform pan carefully.
- To make the glaze, place the chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream or nut pods creamer until it’s not quite at a simmer, but showing fine bubbles around the edge.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate in the bowl. Stir to combine until the chocolate is completely melted and the glaze is smooth. Let it sit for a few minutes so it thickens.
- Spoon the glaze over the cake, spreading it evenly on top of the cake. If you used an 8” pan, you may let some of the glaze drip on the sides. Allow the glaze to set for several hours before serving the cake.
- Serve at room temperature with ice cream or berries or on its own. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!