By Shivangi Rao
- 1 can chilled full-fat coconut milk chill for 12-24 hours
- 2 large pasture-raised eggs
- 4 tbsp local honey
- 2 tbsp rose water make sure to buy a brand with no sugar or syrups/additives
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Strands of saffron a handful of crushed blanched almonds/pistachios, and rose petals for garnish
- Pour chilled can of coconut milk, nutmeg, honey, rose water, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, and fennel powder in a pot. Whisk well at first until ingredients combined. Then, leave the pot on low-medium heat. Stir continuously until steaming. May take some time. The mixture should thicken over time. Ensure milk does not boil.
- Beat 2 eggs and slowly pour into the steaming coconut milk while blending with an immersion blender (or pour steaming milk into a blender and slowly pour in beaten eggs until fully blended).
- Pour the thick mixture into ramekins (should fill 5-6).
- Place in the fridge for at least 6-8 hours until consistency has thickened and is creamy.
- Top with saffron strands, crushed pistachios, almonds, and rose petals.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!