Cauliflower Al Pastor
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 red onion chopped finely
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into chunks
- 2-3 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tbsp adobo ancho, or regular chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder to thicken
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 jalapeno sliced, de-seeded
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil of choice
- Chopped cilantro and lime wedges for garnish
- Using a cast-iron skillet or skillet of choice, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onions and grated garlic and saute until browned.
- Add chunks of pineapple and pan fry in the onions. Let the pineapple caramelize.
- Meanwhile, place chopped cauliflower florets in a microwavable bowl. Cover and place in microwave for 3-4 minutes until slightly steamed, but not fully cooked.
- Add chopped cauliflower, all spices, vinegar, arrowroot powder and saute with pineapple and onions until fully combined.
- Add in jalapeno slices and mix them in well.
- Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as necessary.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges. Great in warmed tortillas or on its own!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!