Fall is my favorite season of the year. Growing up in the midwest, I used to love the golden colors from the leaves turning, the crunchy sound of our shoes stepping on fallen leaves, cozy warm coats, and the earthy smells mother nature would bring with it as it prepared for the winter ahead. What I loved even more were the seasonal treats I got to enjoy: hot apple cider, doughnuts, and plenty of other sweet treats and baked goods.
Given it’s the first day of fall, that calls for some cozy baking with all of the sweet, seasonal aromas from your kitchen. This pumpkin chocolate chip loaf is the perfect way to ring in the new season. I love paleo baking because it’s really straight forward. I also love playing with different plant based flours: cassava flour, almond flour and more. These flours are low glycemic and rich in fiber. I also make sure to use unrefined sweeteners like maple syrup and honey. These pure ingredients keep my baked goods healthy(ish) and nourishing.
The loaf is dense, sticky sweet and makes your home so cozy thanks to the sweet spiced smells from cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. Pair it with a cold glass of nut milk or coffee/tea. It will be sure to bring smiles to your home. If you try this recipe, please like and comment on the post below. I’d love to hear how you like it!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaf
- 2 cups fine blanched almond flour I use Bob’s, Red Mill
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or salt of choice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of organic honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk or cashew milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Hu Kitchen dark chocolate gems chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, salt, spices).
- In another mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients (beaten eggs, honey, milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract). Mix until fully combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet and mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Mix chocolate chips into batter leaving a few to sprinkle on top of the batter after pouring into the loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips right on top.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the top is browned and toothpick or fork comes out clean in the center.
- Remove and let cool. Slice and serve room temperature! Enjoy!