Tomato Parmesan Frittata
By Shivangi Rao
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 1 cup veggie of choice I love using broccoli or greens!
- 1- pint cherry tomatoes chopped in halves
- 12 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp full-fat yogurt or coconut milk must be full fat!
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Omit if dairy-free
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Crack eggs in a mixing bowl and beat until yolks and whites have just combined.
- Add in yogurt, cheese, half of the salt (1/2 tsp), Italian seasoning, and pepper and mix well.
- Add oil to cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan on a stove.
- Add onions, grated garlic, thyme, and half of the salt. Sauté until onions have caramelized.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and veggie of choice and sauté until tomatoes have caramelized and cooked down a bit, and your veggie of choice is cooked too.
- Pour egg mixture slowly into the pan.
- Mix contents of pan well so veggies are evenly distributed.
- Let the pan sit on the stove for another minute or until the edges of the frittata have started to turn white.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until everything looks cooked. The Center should still jiggle just slightly if you gently shake the pan. If it needs more time in the oven watch it closely! You don’t want eggs to overcook and dry out.
- Remove from the oven when done and let cook a few minutes.
- Cut with a knife into wedges and serve immediately! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!