Sweet Potato Cream Sauce
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 medium sweet potatoes roasted skin peeled
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp salt add more if needed upon tasting
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- A couple shakes of nutritional yeast optional or grated parmesan (optional) for topping after combining with pasta of choice
- In a medium pot, combine sweet potatoes, grated garlic, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and coconut milk using an immersion blender. Blend until smooth and creamy sauce forms. If you don’t have an immersion blender, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into the pot after you are finished blending.
- Turn the heat onto medium. Heat sauce for 8-10 minutes total. First, let it bubble, and once bubbling lower heat to low and heat for the remaining time.
- Pour on top of zoodles, cauliflower gnocchi, or any regular pasta of choice. Top with nutritional yeast or grated Parmesan and extra ground black pepper if you like.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!