By Shivangi Rao
- Ingredients from the Garam Masala Sweet Potato Recipe (vegetarian) for the filling.
- And/or Kheema Recipe (non-vegetarian) for the filling.
- 3-4 Positively Plantain grain-free tortillas half of one tortilla makes one samosa, so 3-4 tortillas will make 6-8 samosas
- 1 egg beaten and used an egg wash
- 2 tbsp coconut oil heated and melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the Garam Masala Sweet potatoes and/or my Kheema. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Crack one egg and beat to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- Melt 3-4 tbsp of coconut oil and set aside.
- Heat tortillas on a dry pan on medium heat and cook through so they’re more pliable.
- Take heated tortillas and cut them in half using clean scissors or a knife.
- Fold the tortilla into thirds forming a triangle. Brush the surface of one of the thirds with egg wash, and fold the other third over so it forms a triangle. Press it down gently so it seals with the egg wash.
- Take each triangle and stuff with a tablespoon full of sweet potatoes or kheema or anything else you’d like.
- Optional: Brush the bottom ends of the triangle with egg wash and seal together. Note: it’s hard to do this but you can try! I find it easier to leave the bottom ends open.
- Take another brush and brush the surface of the samosa with coconut oil/ghee/olive oil.
- Lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (flipping over halfway) until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve hot with my Creamy Cilantro Chutney or sugar-free ketchup!