Pork or Black Bean, Sweet Potato, & Kale Salsa Verde Enchiladas (Veg/Non-Veg Versions!)
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb of ground pork OR 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 tsps Mexican blend seasoning
- 1 roasted Japanese sweet potato
- 2-3 cups of fresh mixed greens I used baby kale
- Siete foods tortillas or any tortilla of your choosing
- 1 16 oz jar of salsa verde I used Whole Foods 365 brand
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 a large yellow onion chopped
- 1/3 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro chopped for garnish
- A handful of red onions chopped for garnish
To make ground pork OR black bean filling:
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode (or place a large pan on medium heat)
- Add oil of choice to the pot and add onions and Mexican blend seasoning. Once onions are cooked down, add in ground pork and 1-2 tsp salt (estimate to taste) and saute until completely brown.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and half a jar of salsa verde and mix into pork.
- Close instant pot and pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Rapidly release pressure. Add more seasoning/salt after if necessary.
To make black bean filling:
- Place a small pot on medium heat
- Add a tablespoon of cooking oil of your choice to the pot and add onions and Mexican blend seasoning. Once onions are cooked down, add can of black beans (rinsed and drained), 1-2 tsp of salt to taste, along with 1/3 cup water.
- Keep stirring until black beans are soft and everything thickens. Add more seasoning/salt after if necessary.
- To roast sweet potatoes:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash one large or two medium Japanese sweet potatoes and dry them.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with parchment paper (skin on).
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
To assemble enchiladas:
- Heat pan on medium heat
- Lay tortillas on a pan and cook through until browned a bit.
- Place filling of pork or black beans, a handful of mixed greens, and a spoon of cooked sweet potato in each tortilla.
- Add 2-3 pickled or fresh jalapenos on top of filling.
- Wrap each tortilla over the filling and lay side by side in a baking sheet.
- Use half a jar of salsa verde and smother tortillas (you can use more if you wish).
- Add shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until enchiladas are cooked and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and/or red onions.
- Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!