Thanksgiving turkey is just not my thing. I prefer chicken, and I love experimenting with Indian fusion fall themed flavors for marinades. Enter apple butter chutney: the PERFECT Thanksgiving chicken marinade (try this on wings, it’s just as delicious). It plates beautifully, and it tastes insanely good. It’s naturally sweet, savory, has a slight kick. The depth of flavors will keep you coming back for more of this sticky, flavorful, delicious chicken. It is very low maintenance yet will definitely impress your guests! Give it a whirl and leave a comment to let me know how you liked it. Enjoy!
Apple Butter Chutney Chicken
By Shivangi Rao
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup apple butter chutney do not add water to the chutney per the recipe instructions
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the chutney
- Mix chutney with avocado oil, honey, lemon juice and a pinch of extra salt (taste and add if you need). This is your marinade.
- Marinate chicken drumsticks with the marinade for at least 30 minutes (preferably a few hours or overnight)
- Bake in oven at 450 degrees F for 45 minutes, flipping halfway. Broil on high for 5 minutes at the end. Chicken will be slightly charred.
- Remove and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!