Bread pudding is so incredibly comforting and delicious. It’s the perfect holiday recipe that comes together so quickly. My version uses pumpkin to make it even more festive, especially for Thanksgiving. I also use grain free bread from AWG bakery which makes it super easy to make! Finally, I use dairy free and refined sugar free Hu Kitchen chocolate to bring it all together for gooey, chocolatey, pumpkiny deliciousness in every bite.
Head over to my shopping page to get discounts on all of these products using my affiliate links so you can make this ASAP. I can’t wait for you to try this. Your guests will be so impressed, and it really is so simple you can’t go wrong!
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 15 oz can organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips I use Hu Kitchen
- 5 cups cubed paleo or gluten-free bread of choice I use AWG Bakery Cinnaspice Bread
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar for coating and topping
- Cube bread and set 5 cups aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix coconut milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, salt, and all spices listed in a bowl in a blender or using an immersion blender.
- Pour mixture on top of cubed bread in a large mixing bowl. Add in chocolate chips. Slowly fold everything to combine.
- Grease the bottom of each ramekin with a little butter or oil.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp coconut sugar on the bottom of each ramekin. Place bread pudding mixture in each ramekin. Press down with a spoon so it’s nicely packed. Top with a little more coconut sugar so it helps crystallize in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until the top is browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy!