Herb Roasted Garlic & Cauliflower Mash
- 1 bag of 16 oz frozen organic cauliflower or one large head of fresh cauliflower cut up into florets
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter I use Kerrygold unsalted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt adjust based on your preference
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove frozen cauliflower and place it on a lined baking sheet.
- Place a head of garlic on the same baking sheet as well (trim off the top).
- Massage olive oil, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning onto cauliflower.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until the cauliflower has browned. Garlic should also be soft.
- Remove from oven and immediately place cauliflower in a pot.
- Remove 5-6 roasted cloves from the head of garlic.
- Place cloves of roasted garlic in the pot.
- Add butter to the pot.
- Turn heat on low-medium so the butter melts a bit. Turn off heat when butter is done melting.
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything in the pot until smooth.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, place everything from the pot into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove into a serving dish. Garnish with chopped chives, and extra butter if desired.
- Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!