Raody Sausage and Veggie Breakfast Skillet
- 1 package of Whole30/gluten free Applegate chicken apple sausage
- 2 cups greens of choice kale, arugula, spinach
- 1 bell pepper red, yellow, green all work
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee or cooking fat of choice needs to be an oil that has high heat tolerance
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice onions, tomatoes, pepper into small pieces.
- Heat oil on a cast-iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add in onions and saute until golden brown.
- Then add in tomatoes plus paprika and cumin. Saute until tomatoes are cooked down.
- Add in peppers and greens, plus salt and pepper. Continue to saute for a few minutes.
- Finally, add in sausage and saute for a few more minutes until they begin to crisp up a little.
- Create four divets in your pan and crack four pasture-raised eggs on those. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper on the eggs.
- Place cast-iron skillet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes (yolks will still be runny), or until eggs have reached your desired consistency.
- Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!