Maple Pecan Kulfi (Indian Dairy-Free Ice Cream)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk must be full fat!
- 2 cups Malk maple pecan milk or nut milk of choice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons high-quality maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar if you don’t have this, you may just use maple syrup but increase quantity to a total of 4 tbsp of maple syrup or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup nut flour of choice almond or cashew flours work well
- Pinch of saffron strands
- In a bowl, mix coconut milk, pecan milk, and arrowroot starch. Mix until fully combined (you may also use an immersion blender or regular blender for this).
- On medium-high heat, pour in milk mixture, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, and saffron. Stir well and bring it to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce heat to low-medium.
- Continue stirring for a few minutes and add the almond flour.
- Continue stirring so that it thickens.
- When it thickens, turn off the heat. Add in maple syrup and/or coconut sugar, as well as pecans. Taste and add more if necessary.
- Let it cool down on the stove.
- Once cooled to lukewarm or room temperature, pour into ice cream molds, ice trays, or ramekins.
- Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from molds and serve! Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon and extra finely chopped pecans if you would like. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!