This Indian spiced hot chocolate is everything winter dreams are made of. It’s basically drinking chocolate, mixed with some creamy coconut milk to create the most decadent hot chocolate you’ll have this holiday season. It’s got notes of cardamom, cinnamon and more to add a layer of complexity and charm. This reminds me of my Indian-American heritage, blending the best of both worlds into a cozy cup. Enjoy!
Indian Spiced Hot Chocolate
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 13.5 oz can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of Hu Kitchen gems or semi-sweet chocolate chips Shop Hu Kitchen here. Use code RAODYRECIPES at checkout for a discount!
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup optional (omit if you want to keep low sugar)
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a pot on medium heat.
- Use a whisk and whisk all ingredients as the chocolate chips begin to melt from the heat.
- Continue whisking for a few minutes until it begins to boil and is steaming hot.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and chocolate as needed.
- Turn off the stove. Pour into a blender or use an immersion blender to blend everything (this creates froth).
- Pour into a mug, top with whipped cream, whipped coconut cream, marshmallows, or anything else you’d like. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!