Indian Spiced Hot Chocolate
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 13.5 oz can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup of Guittard dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips I get mine from Whole Foods
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a pot on medium heat.
- Use a whisk and whisk all ingredients as the chocolate chips begin to melt from the heat.
- Continue whisking for a few minutes until it begins to boil and is steaming hot.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and chocolate as needed.
- Turn off the stove. Pour into a blender or use an immersion blender to blend everything (this creates froth).
- Pour into a mug, top with whipped cream, whipped coconut cream, marshmallows, or anything else you’d like. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!