Collard Green Kheema Tacos
By Shivangi Rao
- Instant Pot
- 3-4 collard greens
- 3 cups of leftover Kheema
- Toppings of choice diced onions, tomatoes, cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, hot sauce, etc.
- Make Kheema using this recipe.
- Thoroughly wash collard greens until they are clean. Be careful not to rip them while washing them!
- Cut off the bottom stem of the collard green and make sure any remaining stem is level with the rest of the leaf. You may wish to slice the remaining bottom portion of the stem lengthwise in half if necessary so that it is level with the rest of the leaf. This will ensure that it isn’t difficult to eat!
- Boil a pot of hot water on the stove.
- Once boiling, add each collard green for 10 seconds to blanch and remove them promptly and place them in an ice bath for 10 more seconds.
- Repeat step 3 until all collards are blanched and cooled.
- Lay them on paper towels to dry completely, and dab gently to remove any excess water that remains on greens.
- Once dried, put one cup of kheema on each leaf, followed by all of your toppings.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!