Tomato Basil Instant Pot Meatballs
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 lb organic ground pork
- 1 lb organic grass-fed beef
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1 yellow onion diced optional
- 2 large garlic cloves grated optional
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh chopped basil 3-4 sprigs
- 1 24 oz. jar of Rao’s Homemade Sauce any flavor works or make your own marinara sauce*
- *Note: I use Rao’s Marinara Sauce because it is one of the few tomato sauces on the market that does not use any processed or artificial ingredients
- Mix the ground beef and pork with all spices and salt in a large mixing bowl. Knead with clean hands until thoroughly combined. Roll mixture into 2-inch balls (should yield about 10-12 meatballs).
- Press the “Saute” button on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil, diced onions, grated garlic, and a pinch of salt to taste. Saute onions until they begin to brown.
- Add meatballs to pot and brown all sides.
- Pour in the jar of marinara sauce and chopped basil.
- Press the “Cancel” button. Lock the lid on the pot. Make sure the steam releaser on the lid is set to “Sealing”.
- Press the “Pressure” button and set it on High for 12 minutes. After 3 beeps, the pressure cooker will start going.
- Once finished, the instant pot will beep. Let any remaining pressure quick release by turning the steam releaser from “Sealing” to “Venting”.
- Serve hot on top of Spaghetti Squash, Zoodles, or by itself! Garnish with additional red chili flakes to taste and/or shredded parmesan, fontina, or mozzarella cheese if you can tolerate dairy.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!