I love getting my veggies in each week. I especially love Indian style vegetables (aka sabjis in Hindi / bhajis in Marathi). I grew up eating all different bhajis prepared with Indian spices using different methods based on the region of India the dish came from. Aloo Gobi is a popular Indian veggie friendly dish, made from spiced cauliflower and potatoes. However, it can take a bit of time and effort to make on the stove. My version is the ULTIMATE lazy version, but tastes just as good (if not better). It doesn’t even require onions and tomatoes, and still comes out packed with flavor. It also doesn’t get mushy which stovetop aloo gobi can if overcooked! This comes together in a pinch and reheats well. Perfect for meal prep! This is also whole30 / plant based whole30 compatible and gluten free. Hope you enjoy it!
Sheet Pan Aloo Gobi
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (or 1 medium head of cauliflower chopped) Chop into even pieces
- 2-3 small potatoes, cubed You can use Russet or Yukon Gold. Since Yukon Gold are smaller, use 3
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste; I added almost 1 tsp!
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder Optional. Amchur is dry mango powder. If you don't have this, squeeze lemon generously once finished cooking
- 1 tbsp garlic grated If you don't want to use fresh garlic, add 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ginger grated If you don't want to use fresh ginger, add 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil, avocado oil or melted ghee
- freshly squeezed lemon juice and chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chopped cauliflower florets and potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add oil and all spices and salt, and toss until spices nicely coat vegetables.
- Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until veggies look cooked and slightly browned.
- Garnish with a fresh squeeze of lemon and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!