Summer Strawberry Crumble
By Shivangi Rao
Ingredients for strawberry filling:
- 1 container of ripe strawberries
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or honey or more to taste
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Ingredients for the brown butter crumble:
- 4 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter I use Kerrygold melted and browned in a pan
- 1 1/4 cup finely ground almond flour I use Bob’s, Red Mill
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup paleo granola I like Paleonola or Nana Joes OR a handful of sliced almonds and chopped pecans (raw and unsalted)
Instructions to make the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut strawberries into quarters, stems removed.
- Stir all ingredients for strawberry filling in a bowl until well combined.
- Place an even amount in each ramekin.
Instructions to make the brown butter crumble:
- Place butter on a pan on medium heat.
- Brown the butter until melted, and golden brown but stir frequently so it doesn’t burn! Turn off the burner and set the butter aside once done.
- Place all other ingredients (almond flour, granola, spices, salt, maple syrup) in a mixing bowl and mix well. Pour in browned butter and continue to mix well. It should form a sticky dough-like consistency. If it is too dry, add a bit more melted butter. If it is too wet, add a teeny bit more almond flour. Taste and adjust spices/salt/maple syrup to your liking.
Instructions to assemble everything:
- Place an even amount of brown butter crumble on top of each strawberry filled ramekin. Use your hands to spread it out over the top as it will be quite sticky.
- Place ramekins in the oven (preheated to 350 degrees F) and bake for 30-45 minutes or until strawberries are fully cooked and bubbling and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, whipped cream, or by itself. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!