Instant Pot Sweet Corn Chili Soup
By Shivangi RaoThis recipe was inspired by and adapted from Cook with Manali’s Sweet Corn Soup.
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels for blending
- 1/4 cup extra frozen corn for adding to the soup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or neutral oil of choice
- 1 tsp ginger powder or 1 inch of freshly grated ginger
- 5-6 large garlic cloves grated
- 1 tbsp gluten-free sriracha
- 2 tbsp Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- 1 serrano chili finely chopped optional
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Coconut Secret Coconut Crystals
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 6 cups of vegetable broth or meat broth
- 4 stalks green onions chopped
- 1 cup of frozen veggies of choice I use green peas and carrots
- Add frozen corn and water to a blender and blend until fully combined and thick paste forms.
- Meanwhile, turn on your instant pot to saute mode. Add oil and ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Saute for a couple of minutes.
- Then add chopped white green onions and continue to saute.
- Add in frozen peas and carrots, and corn and saute for about a minute.
- Add in corn paste from blender, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sriracha, coconut crystals, salt, and veggie broth. Mix well.
- Turn Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Move valve to seal.
- Once finished pressure cooking, quickly release the pressure valve.
- Open and taste the soup. Adjust salt and seasonings as necessary.
- Combine arrowroot powder with 1 tbsp cold water in a small bowl. Mix well until fully combined.
- Add the arrowroot mixture a little at a time to hot soup using a whisk. This will help thicken the soup. Make sure to whisk quickly so it doesn’t solidify.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and green parts of chopped spring onions.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!