Hazelnut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Squares
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Secret Coconut Sugar or coconut sugar of choice!
- 1/4 cup raw honey or Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar
- 3/4 cup hazelnut butter or nut butter of choice!
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted grass-fed butter softened or ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 10-12 squares of high-quality paleo dark chocolate.
- Note: I use Coconut Secret Peruvian Dark Chocolate. It contains no refined sugars.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients until fully combined (flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt) in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (hazelnut butter, softened butter, honey, beaten egg) in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
- Form 1.5 inch balls and lay them on a lined baking sheet.
- Place one square of dark chocolate on each ball and press down so it flattens a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven when finished and let cool until warm.
- Enjoy! Best served warm.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!