Crispy Indian Taro Root (Arbi)
By Shivangi Rao
- 8-10 medium-sized taro root
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds ajwain
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp mango powder amchur
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala optional
- Smallest pinch of asafetida hing
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Wash taro root and boil in a stockpot of water until firm but fork tender. Strain and let taro roots cool to room temperature.
- Peel the skin of each taro root once cooled.
- Slice the taro root into thin rounds.
- Add ghee to large skillet on medium heat.
- Add carom seeds, cumin seeds, and asafetida. Let fry for a minute or two.
- Add taro to skillet and sprinkle all spices and salt. Toss taro carefully without breaking with spices. Add more ghee if you need it.
- Sautée taro on low-medium heat until they become golden brown and crispy.
- Taste and adjust salt and spices as needed.
- Remove taro onto a serving platter and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!