This is the #whole30 meal prep recipe you’ve been waiting for. This sheet pan recipe comes together in a pinch and is absolutely delicious. Tender pieces of chicken and naturally sweet veggies are baked in delicious spicy, savory tandoori seasoning and other Indian spices. The chicken and veggies caramelize in the oven and soak in all the tandoori flavors. It’s a balanced meal with protein, healthy fats from the marinade and chicken (coconut milk!), and lots of vitamins and nutrients from the veggies. Leave me a comment if you try this. Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Tandoori Chicken & Veggies
- 1-1.5 pounds chicken drumsticks (legs) about 5 drumsticks
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (full fat) or almond milk yogurt (full fat)
- 2 1/2 tbsp tandoori seasoning I love Pure Indian Foods
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder `
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 cups ripe plantains, sweet potatoes, and/or carrots, chopped evenly into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- freshly squeezed lemon juice, chopped cilantro and/or green onions for garnish
- First, make the tandoori chicken. Combine the yogurt or coconut milk with tandoori seasoning, lemon juice, salt, red chili powder, and turmeric in a blender and blend until fully combined, or whisk in a bowl until fully combined.
- Place the chicken in a large zip top bag and add the marinade. Toss well and refrigerate for at least 6 and up to 12 hours for best results.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While oven is heating, chop up your veggies of choice.
- Add veggies and marinated chicken to lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil. Bake for 40-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through (reaches 165 degrees F), and then broil for 5 minutes so chicken gets browned and crispy.
- Garnish with a fresh squeeze of lemon and chopped cilantro and/or green onions. Enjoy!