South Indian Broccoli Fry
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 brunch broccolini washed, dried, ends of stems chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 3 whole dried red chilies broken in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil melted coconut oil, or melted ghee
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place broccolini on a lined baking sheet.
- Add oil and salt on top of broccolini. Use clean hands to massage it in.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and tops are slightly crispy.
- Remove broccolini from the oven when finished roasting.
- In a small pan on medium heat, add an additional tbsp of oil of choice. Add in mustard seeds and let them temper (they will pop).
- Once the popping of mustard seeds starts to slow down, add in grated garlic and whole red chilies (break them in half). Let this all fry in the oil.
- Once seeds have stopped popping and garlic and chilies are slightly browned, pour all of this directly on top of the roasted broccolini.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!