Za’atar Roasted Purple Carrot Hummus
By Shivangi Rao
- 4-5 large carrots peeled I love using purple, orange, and yellow carrots for even more nutrition
- 1 tbsp za’atar seasoning
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place peeled, washed, and dried carrots on a lined baking sheet.
- Add cloves of garlic (skin on) to the lined baking sheet.
- Use hands to massage olive oil, za’atar, salt, and lemon juice onto carrots.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until carrots are tender and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, add roasted carrots and garlic to a blender. Also add in water, tahini, and a little extra olive oil.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust salt and seasonings to your liking.
- Garnish with an extra sprinkle of za’atar
- Serve with gluten-free crackers or raw veggies! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!