Coconut Cream Masala Chai
By Shivangi Rao
- 5 bags of masala chai I use Tetley brand – shop on my Amazon store
- 5 cups of water
- 1 12 oz can full-fat coconut milk or 8 oz can coconut cream I use Native Forest brand with no added gums – shop on my Amazon store
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1- star anise per cup of tea for topping optional
- Pour water in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add in tea bags and spices. Let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add coconut cream and sugar, and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust sugar and cream as needed (add more if you wish).
- Use an immersion blender and blend the tea in the pot if you want it to be frothy!
- Pour into teacups, sprinkle a little extra cinnamon/cardamom on top, and place one-star anise on top if you wish.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!