Indian Style Chicken Kofta Meatballs
By Shivangi Rao
- 2 lbs ground organic chicken
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder optional but helps bind
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1 jalapeño chopped
- 1/8 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or melted ghee or more as needed
- Creamy cilantro chutney to dip / drizzle on top
- Make my creamy cilantro chutney. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients (except for oil) in a large mixing bowl and mix with hands or a large spoon until well combined.
- Use clean hands to form 1 inch balls. Place on baking sheet giving room in between meatballs. This will likely require 2 baking sheets.
- Drizzle oil on top of meatballs.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven when finished and place on a tray with creamy cilantro chutney on the side or drizzled on top! Stores well in an air tight container for 3-4 days in the fridge. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!