Paleo Papdi Chaat (Indian Style “Nachos”)
Ingredients for Chips (Papdi):
- 2 Siete Foods paleo tortillas I use the cassava/coconut flour kind
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ingredients for Chaat:
- 1 russet potato boiled and cubed
- 2 tsp chaat masala OR
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp black salt Optional
- 1/4 tsp dried mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp amchur dried mango powder or 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt beaten I use Straus Whole Milk European Yogurt which can be found at Whole Foods. The consistency is perfect and I don’t need to do anything to it!
- 1 tbsp Creamy Cilantro Chutney or Coriander Chutney from a store
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Date Chutney or Tamarind Chutney from a store
- 1 tbsp Sev Bhujia Chickpea Flour Crisps – this is optional and only allowed on a gluten free diet, not a paleo diet
Instructions to make Papdi (Chips):
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take 2 raw siete foods cassava tortillas and cut them into 1-inch rectangles lengthwise.
- Lay them on a lined baking sheet and brush them with plenty of olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt of choice.
- Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven and let pita chips rest.
Instructions to make Potatoes:
- Heat a pot of water on the stove on medium-high heat
- Once it is boiling, put two russet potatoes (washed, skin on) in the pot and let it boil for 6-7 minutes until fork tender
- Remove potatoes from the pot and let them cool.
- Once cooled, peel skin off of potatoes.
- Dice potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Add diced potatoes to a mixing bowl along with all spices listed in the ingredients section under Chaat Masala above. Mix well. Taste and adjust salt and spices as necessary.
Instructions to assemble Chaat:
- Chop the onion finely.
- Lay chips on two plates (should make two servings; one tortilla makes one serving).
- Put potato mixture on the chips.
- Sprinkle chopped onions on top of potatoes evenly.
- Drizzle yogurt on top of all of this.
- Drizzle tamarind chutney, cilantro mint chutney, on top, and sprinkle the chickpea flour crisps (optional) all over at the very end.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!