I love soup season, especially in the fall and winter. This is the coziest bowl to serve up on a chilly night. It is packed with flavor, nutrients from the colorful veggies that go into the soup and so comforting. The best part is it is gluten free, grain free, soy free, sugar free and dairy free, making it an easy option for anyone with allergies. I love using carrots, sweet potatoes, and/or colorful peppers to create a vibrant soup. The secret ingredient is tahini, giving it a creamy and rich texture that will keep you coming back for more! If you make this, please leave a comment and let me know how you like it. Happy soup season!
Roasted Carrot & Tahini Soup
- 4-5 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 peppers Use red, yellow, and/or orange peppers as these are sweeter. If you don't have peppers, you may use one large sweet potato.
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tbsp Mediterranean spice mix or 1 tsp each of oregano, thyme, cumin and coriander
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini I use Soom Foods
- 1 tsp harissa I use Mina
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F
- Wash, dry and chop all veggies into 1/2-1 inch pieces
- Lay all veggies and garlic cloves on a lined baking sheet and season with olive oil, spices, salt, and pepper
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until fully roasted.
- Remove from oven and place veggies in a blender or place in a large pot.
- Add in tahini, harissa, coconut milk, and lemon juice and blend until creamy and smooth. If using a large pot, use an immersion blender to blend.
- Adjust salt, lemon juice and any other seasonings as necessary. Note: you may need to add a little water to thin out the soup depending on thick you want the soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Garnish with mint and/or parsley.
- Serve warm and enjoy!