Indian Spiced Cheese (Paneer Jalfrezi)
By Shivangi Rao
- Coconut oil or ghee – 3-4 tablespoons
- 1 package of organic grass-fed paneer or homemade if you know how to make it!
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 to matoes diced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1- inch ginger grated
- A handful of chopped cilantro
- 10-12 oz frozen or fresh mixed peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chop the paneer into cubes, and diced veggies (onions, tomatoes, peppers).
- Heat oil on a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions to 3-4 tablespoons of hot oil (coconut oil or ghee) on a pan and sauté until they become transparent and browned.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and all spices/salt and sauté until tomatoes are softened and cooked down in spices.
- Add paneer and let pieces pan fry by making space in the pan between veggies so paneer can fry.
- Add peppers and let them cook down.
- In the end, add lemon juice and garnish with cilantro.
- Taste and adjust salt and seasonings as needed.
- Serve hot!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!