Masala Spaghetti Squash n “Cheese”
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
- 1.5 cups organic coconut milk full fat
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast 100% plant-based cheese substitute
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2-1 tsp smoked paprika depending on your spice tolerance
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Cut ends off of spaghetti squash, and then cut squash lengthwise in half.
- Remove seeds.
- Coat squash with olive oil, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it.
- Place face down on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until tender but not overcooked.
- While spaghetti squash is baking, add coconut milk, turmeric, smoked paprika, garam masala, salt, pepper, and lemon juice to a pot and stir frequently on medium heat. Once spices dissolve in coconut milk, add in almond flour and nutritional yeast and mix well. Let the milk thicken slightly (keep on heat for 8-10 minutes or so). Remove from heat when done. This will be the “cheesy” sauce.
- Remove spaghetti squash from oven and scrape out spaghetti squash into a baking dish. Pour cheesy sauce onto spaghetti squash and toss gently so that it mixes in.
- Place baking dish in the oven at 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce looks thicker.
- Garnish with extra paprika if you’d like and taste for additional salt.
- Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!