Raody Tandoori Chicken (Veggie-friendly alternative included!)
- 2 lbs chicken thighs or drumsticks if vegetarian, use 1 12 oz package of paneer or extra firm tofu!
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1/4 cup full-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder or cayenne
- 4 tbsp Pure Indian Foods Tandoori Seasoning
- 1 tsp honey
- 2.5 tsp salt or more to taste
- Cilantro sliced red onions and lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- Heat tandoori Seasoning, turmeric, and cayenne on low heat on a dry pan mixing constantly so it doesn’t burn for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, take roasted spices (or homemade spice mix) and place in a blender with yogurt along with lemon juice, honey, and salt. Blend until fully combined.
CHICKEN SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS:
- Coat chicken (thighs or drumsticks) in the marinade and place it in a covered dish or ziplock bag in the fridge. Let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours or 10-12 hours for the best results.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 450 degrees F for 45 minutes. Broil for 5 more minutes on high so chicken browns a bit.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, red onions, and lemon wedges. Serve hot!
PANEER/TOFU SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS:
- If using paneer or tofu instead of chicken for vegetarians, chop a block of paneer or tofu into 1-inch cubes. Make sure tofu is extra-firm and is drained of water. Marinate in the sauce for 2-3 hours. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes (flipping halfway) at 400 degrees F.
- Serve hot with slices of yellow onion and/or tomatoes on the side!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!