Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
By Shivangi Rao
- 1 tbsp tamarind concentrate I use Pure Indian Foods
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or 4 tbsp just date syrup adjust to the level of sweetness you prefer
- 2 tbsp fish sauce I use Red Boat fish sauce which has no additives; omit if vegetarian and replace with Minimalist Baker veggie “fish”’ sauce or 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp almond butter or nut butter of choice I use Georgia Grinders
- Ingredients for Pad Thai:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 tsp salt
- A cooked protein of choice tofu, shrimp, chicken work great!
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1/2 10 oz bag of shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into small pieces
- 2 green onions chopped use white bottoms for sautéing, green tips for garnish
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted and ground cashews for garnish
- 1 lime cut into quarters and squeezed onto each serving
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Remove seeds.
- Sprinkle salt, drizzle olive oil open-faced side, and place face down on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Be careful to not overcook – it should be al dente! Remove from oven when done and let cool. Scrape out spaghetti squash using a fork and set aside.
- Whisk pad thai sauce ingredients together in a bowl until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a wok or pan, heat sesame oil on medium-high heat.
- Add in grated garlic and chopped white parts of green onions. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in carrots, chopped red peppers, coconut aminos, and salt. Sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add in cooked protein and sauté; let it soak in flavors.
- Add in 3 beaten eggs and scramble.
- Add in spaghetti squash and Pad Thai sauce. Gently sauté for a few minutes until sauce, egg, veggies and spaghetti squash are well combined.
- Remove onto plates and garnish with chopped green onions, ground cashews, and crushed red pepper flakes and a generous squeeze of lime. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!