Indian/Moroccan Fusion Lamb OR Chickpea Stew (Instant Pot)
By Shivangi Rao
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb pasture-raised lamb stew meat shoulder or other cut into chunks OR 1 can of chickpeas if you want this to be vegetarian
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 Japanese sweet potatoes diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder or more if you like heat!
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter ghee, or coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 14.5 oz can of fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water or chicken/veggie stock
- A handful of apricots chopped
- Chop all veggies and set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode.
- Add oil of choice, onions, and spices (including salt) and saute. Let onions cook down and brown a bit.
- Add in the lamb and saute with onions and spices until it is mostly browned. If using chickpeas, add and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the can of crushed tomatoes and mix well with lamb and onions.
- Add in chopped apricots, sweet potatoes, carrots. Mix everything well.
- Turn Instant Pot to Pressure Cook mode on high for 20 minutes. Turn valve to sealing.
- Once pressure cooking is complete, turn the valve to venting (quick release pressure).
- Open the lid once all pressure has released. Give the stew a good stir. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or regular rice and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!