Jerk Tofu & Pineapple
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil or cooking oil of choice that can handle high heat
- 1 package of extra firm sprouted tofu
- Chopped pineapple about 15 pieces or so
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup of Nick’s Jerk Seasoning or any jerk seasoning of your choice
- Chop tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Coat tofu in 1/2 cup of jerk seasoning. Marinate tofu in seasoning for 6-12 hours.
- Once the tofu is done marinating, heat a large skillet or cast-iron skillet on medium heat.
- Place oil on the pan and let it coat evenly.
- Place cubes of tofu on a pan with some space in between each piece. Add pineapple in between tofu pieces on the pan. Everything should have enough room so that it sits on the pan.
- Using tongs, flip the tofu and pineapple over after 5-6 minutes (they should be browned before you flip).
- Let the other side cook for another 5-6 minutes. Keep flipping intermittently after that so that pineapples caramelize and tofu becomes browned and crispy on the outside.
- Sprinkle chopped green onions on top of everything. Serve hot with some red beans & rice, greens, plantains, or any other side of your choice!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!