These fun little cauliflower bites are such a perfect way to host a dinner party. They use clean, sauces by Coconut Secret that are Asian-inspired and utilize grain free flours to crisp up the cauliflower. They pack a ton of flavor while remaining refined-sugar free and free of processed ingredients. They’re easy to grab and share amongst friends & family. I love using a variety of sauces to provide options for flavors so my guests can pick and choose what they want. Can’t wait for you to bite into one of these!
Making this for your next dinner party? Comment and like this post and let me know how your guests enjoyed it!
Lettuce Wrapped Asian Cauli Bites
- 1 head of cauliflower washed, dried and chopped into medium florets
- 3 tbsp total of Coconut Secret Hoisin Sauce Ginger-Turmeric Sauce, and/or Gochujang Sauce
- Note: For hoisin and gochujang sauces use as is. For ginger-turmeric sauce, mix one tbsp of the sauce with 1 cup full fat coconut cream, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp honey. Use this for the sauce for your cauli bites.
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Lettuce pieces romaine or butter lettuce work well for lettuce wraps
- Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, put cassava flour and almond flour in a bowl and mix with a spoon until fully combined. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Once air fryer is fully heated, pour 1 tbsp avocado oil on the base of the fryer basket.
- Take each cauliflower floret and dip it into the egg wash and then in the flour mixture. Make sure it’s an even and thin coat of flour on the cauliflower.
- Place it in the air fryer.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for as many cauliflower florets will fit into your air fryer without piling them (they should all be sitting on the surface of the air fryer basket and should not be overcrowded).
- Air fry for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove from the air fryer once done. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Pour 2-3 tbsp sauce of choice on top of cauliflower florets in the mixing bowl and mix gently until cauliflower pieces are fully covered.
- Note: For hoisin and gochujang sauces, use as is. For the ginger-turmeric sauce, mix one tbsp of the sauce with 1 cup full-fat coconut cream, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp honey. Use this for the sauce for your cauli bites.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Repeat this process until all cauliflower florets are finished air frying.
- Optional: Place cauli bites in lettuce cups (butter or romaine lettuce work well for this). Garnish with chopped scallions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!