Tahini Cashew Chili Noodles
By Shivangi Rao
- 6 oz of japchae noodles Use spaghetti squash or zoodles to keep this Whole30.
- 1 tbsp oil for boiling noodles
- 2 tbsp Coconut Secret brand Garlic Sauce
- 4 tbsp Coconut Secret brand Coconut Aminos
- 4 tbsp Ground Up PDX cashew tahini butter with diaspora chilies or 3 tbsp nut butter of choice, 1 tbsp tahini and 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp gluten-free sriracha or chili sauce this is in addition to the sriracha used in the cashew tahini chili butter above
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar Omit this if Whole30 or sugar-free.
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 green yellow, red pepper each, diced or any other veggies you want
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish optional
- Chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- 1 scallion chopped for garnish optional
- 1/4 jalapeño sliced finely for garnish optional
- Handful of raw coarsely chopped cashews for garnish optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with olive oil and salt.
- Once boiling, add in noodles and stir frequently. Boil for 4-5 minutes until cooked and springy in texture, but not mushy
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- Place sesame oil and chopped onions and peppers in a skillet and sauté on high heat. Add in Coconut Aminos and Garlic Sauce after a couple of minutes.
- Add in nut butter, sriracha, lemon juice, and coconut sugar. Continue to sauté with veggies on high heat. Feel free to add in protein at this point (cooked ground chicken or pork are delicious!).
- Once cooked, add in noodles using tongs and toss with veggies. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed (I like to add more sriracha for extra heat!)
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Remove noodles into serving dishes. Garnish with chopped cashews, cilantro, chopped jalapeños, sesame seeds, and/or scallions.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!
I dont understand what sauce we are supposed to add on step 6? It looks like the recipie is coming together in one ppt except for the noodles, please clarify if the stpes belong in different pans…
Sorry! that was a typo. Please ignore it – I will update the recipe now. Thanks for catching that!