Tahini Cashew Chili Noodles
By Shivangi Rao
- 6 oz of japchae noodles Use spaghetti squash or zoodles to keep this Whole30.
- 1 tbsp oil for boiling noodles
- 2 tbsp Coconut Secret brand Garlic Sauce
- 4 tbsp Coconut Secret brand Coconut Aminos
- 4 tbsp Ground Up PDX cashew tahini butter with diaspora chilies or 3 tbsp nut butter of choice and 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp gluten-free sriracha or chili sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar Omit this if Whole30 or sugar-free.
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 green yellow, red pepper each, diced or any other veggies you want
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for garnish optional
- Chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- 1 scallion chopped for garnish optional
- 1/4 jalapeño sliced finely for garnish optional
- Handful of raw coarsely chopped cashews for garnish optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil with olive oil and salt.
- Once boiling, add in noodles and stir frequently. Boil for 4-5 minutes until cooked and springy in texture, but not mushy
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- Place sesame oil and chopped onions and peppers in a skillet and sauté on high heat. Add in Coconut Aminos and Garlic Sauce after a couple of minutes.
- Add in nut butter, sriracha, lemon juice, and coconut sugar. Continue to sauté with veggies on high heat. Feel free to add in protein at this point (cooked ground chicken or pork are delicious!).
- Once cooked, add in noodles using tongs and toss with veggies. Pour in the sauce and toss well on high heat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Remove noodles into serving dishes. Garnish with chopped cashews, cilantro, chopped jalapeños, sesame seeds, and/or scallions.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!