Shrikhand (Sweetened Indian Saffron Yogurt with Pistachios)
By Shivangi Rao
- 4 cups of full-fat greek yogurt I use Siggi’s brand or labneh*
- 4 tablespoons of honey taste and add more to your liking
- 1-2 pinches of saffron
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 handful of raw unsalted pistachios or almonds roughly chopped
- Rose petals to garnish optional
- * Yogurt should be very thick. Typically Siggi’s brand is extremely thick. However if you are using another brand of Greek Yogurt, you may wish to strain it further using a cheesecloth for a few hours.
- Stir the yogurt so that it is smooth.
- Add in honey, saffron, cardamom, nutmeg, and mix well until fully combined.
- In the end, garnish with pistachios and one more pinch of saffron.
- Serve cold!
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!