South Indian Coconut Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 packages of french style cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or salt of choice
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig of curry leaves or 1 tablespoon dried curry leaves
- 2 dried red chilies broken in half
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 cup of grated coconut
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- In a small frying pan, heat oil on medium. When it is fully heated, add mustard seeds and let them pop. When they finish popping, add curry leaves, dried red chilies and let it cook in oil for 1-2 minutes (red chilies will start to brown).
- Add in frozen green beans, salt, and spices. Mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and let cook until fully cooked. Stir in between as necessary.
- Add in grated coconut at the end and mix well.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!