This blog post is sponsored by Bare Bones Broth, all recipes and opinions are my own.
It’s soup season and I love making soups with bone broths that are healing for your gut and warm you to your fingertips. Even better is if the bone broth has added flavors from real ingredients. Enter Bare Bones Instant Bone Broth. This bone broth has a variety of flavors like Thai Coconut, and is paleo and keto friendly, with no harmful additives and made from real, nourishing ingredients. It is also instant which means it can be added to hot water and transformed into bone broth in just minutes!
I love making this nourishing Thai inspired green soup, made with Bare Bones Thai Coconut Instant broth, green curry paste, coconut milk, and lots of fresh, green veggies and protein like paneer, chicken or shrimp! The Thai Coconut broth has beautiful Thai flavors from Thai chilies, lemongrass and more. The resulting soup is savory, spicy, tangy and slightly sweet, and hits the spot on a cold day. I hope you enjoy this delicious soup!
Thai Inspired Green Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or oil of choice
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- 1/2 inch ginger grated
- 2 tbsp green curry paste try to find a brand with no sugar added
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 13.6 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup spinach optional
- 2 cups Bare Bones Instant Thai Coconut broth
- 3 cups chopped green veggies of choice I love using a combination of zucchini, bok choy, asparagus, green beans, and/or broccoli
- 1 cup protein of choice, uncooked and chopped optional; I love using paneer, shrimp or chicken. Yes, paneer actually tastes amazing!
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or more to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice or more to taste
- 1 7 oz package of miracle noodles (or noodles of choice)
- 2-3 green onions (just the green part), chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 serrano pepper, chopped finely optional
- sprinkle of black and/or white sesame seeds optional
- slices of limes optional
- Prepare Bare Bones Instant Thai Coconut broth per instructions. Set aside.
- Prepare noodles per instructions and set aside. Prepare garnishes and set aside. Prepare all veggies and protein and set aside.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot on medium-high heat. Add avocado oil to pot and let. Add sliced shallots, garlic and ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in green curry paste and coconut aminos. Continue to saute until fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add in coconut milk. Carefully transfer hot liquid to a high speed blender, along with 1/2 cup spinach (optional). Blend until smooth and creamy. Spinach will add a beautiful green color!
- Transfer liquid back to pot on medium heat. Add in bone broth, followed by chopped veggies and protein of choice. Season with salt, coconut sugar, and lemon or lime juice. Turn heat down to low-medium and let it simmer uncovered until protein is cooked through and veggies are cooked to your liking. I use paneer and veggies, and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Note: Add protein in a few minutes later if using something like shrimp. It will cook much more quickly than chicken, for example.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Should be slightly sweet, savory, tangy and spicy.
- Add miracle noodles (or cooked noodles of choice) in at the very end so they don't get mushy! Give soup a good stir.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chopped green onions, cilantro, serrano peppers, slices of lime and/or sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!