Spicy Indian Carrot Noodles
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 10 oz package of organic shredded carrots
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt or salt of choice
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 sprig of curry leaves or 1 tablespoon dried curry leaves
- 2 dried red chilies broken in half
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- Heat carrots in the microwave (covered) for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Add a little water and turmeric at around 2-3 minutes in between so they don’t dry out.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, heat oil on medium. When it is fully heated, add mustard seeds and let them pop. When they finish popping, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, dried red chilies and let it cook in oil for 1-2 minutes (red chilies will start to brown).
- Add this mixture to the cooked carrots and mix well. Add more coconut oil and salt if necessary.
Tried this recipe?Mention @raodyrecipes if you like it!